Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lymphoma Awareness



This kit is very special to me. On August 4, 2009 I took my dad to the ER
Not knowing what was wrong with him, I wanted to know why he couldn't swallow
Or breathe very good on his own. Before this he had never been sick.
The ER docs at Henry Ford Main in Detroit, MI took the best care of my dad.
They did an ER tracheostomy so he could breathe & while they were doing
It they did a biopsy of a LARGE tumor on the back of his tongue. They
Admitted him to the hospital & found Malignant Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
After doing 2 months of chemo there is no sign of the tumor on his tongue
Or the tumors they found in his abdomen. I am proud to say he is in full
Remission right now. This kit is in his honor & hopefully it will spread
Awareness about the disease. The colors I used are green, red & blue. I used
Green because it is the color for lymphoma awareness & red & blue are
My dads favorite colors. All proceeds from this kit will go towards the
Hospital bills. As of right now his first bill is over $37,000.
Kit contains:
30 papers
3 different awareness ribbons
5 bows
3 candles
12 doodles
5 frames
6 glitter tiles
4 hand ribbons
6 heart charms
4 heart key chains
5 metal hearts
10 ribbons
4 sets of wings
3 wrap bows

This kit will be going in stores tonight. It will be $5 for full size & $4 for tagger size.

Don't forget I am designer of the month at Digital Pixel Pixies & for all of October my products are 75% off. This kit will be included in that sale once it is put up tonight.

No comments: